Tuesday, August 15, 2006

By George, I Think He's Got It!

Ok, so last week Pops taught Davis to point at the light when he said "Davis - Where is the light? Point to the light." Well Davis started doing just that. I thought it was coincidence when you would say "Where is another light?" and he would point to a different one. Well today after pointing at three different lights in his babysitters house for the first time I was quite excited. The story thickens as we get home and Davis is watching our fish in our 120 gallon aquarium. We finally got it moved back upstairs after having our floors redone. Davis LOVES it! So out of sure suspicion, I said "Davis, Where are the fish? Point to the fish." And he turned around and pointed to the aquarium, so I decided to take this experiment to the next level. I quickly changed the subject and said "Ok Davis. Point to the light. Where is the light?" Well, he through his head to the side and pointed to the light on the stairway going up to his room. (His Favorite Light!) So, as an eager beaver, I said "Point to another light." Davis leaned his head back and pointed up the ceiling fan! By George I think I have a genius on my hands! :) You can imagine how the rest of the night went " point to the ....., point to the ...." Bless his heart! I wore him out! But I loved every second of it!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How exciting!!! I bet you were on cloud nine!! You know he was probably thinking...."Gosh, Mom. How many times do I have to show you. That bright thing up there is a light!! Parents....you have to teach them everything!"

Anonymous said...

You should teach him baby sign language!!! Kids can communicate way before they develop vocal coordination. ~Lori

Anonymous said...

oh, we first time parents crack me up! everything excites us! it's just those little things, but really they are huge milestones! i remember freaking out when Joe said his first word!