Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Busy with the Babies!

It's been a while since I've been able to post! So I might have to catch up with two separate posts! I went back to work last Thursday and dove in with a 12 hour day for Kindergarten Registration! It went by quite quickly testing 4 and 5 year olds! Too cute! I also learned more than I have already learned by teaching of what kind of parent I "do" and "don't" want to be! I think I have an outstanding job for preparing me for pretty much everything motherhood has to offer! :)
Anyway, Mommy is on Spring break this week! For the most part we have enjoyed some time at home! However, Marleigh had her 8 week appt. on Monday, Davis and Mommy went to Stone Mountain today, and Mommy is meeting a couple of sorority sisters in Atlanta tomorrow for some strolling and shopping!

Marleigh had her 8 week check-up on Monday! She is a big and growing girl! She weighed 13 lbs. and 5 ounces! She was 23 and 1/4 inches long! Oh and by the way, thanks for all your prayers! We got the test results back from her hip ultrasound and everything looks perfect!!! Woohoo! However, poor thing had to get 5 shots! Plus she had to take the Rotovirus serum (which she loved!) She was a little grumpy Tues. evening from the achyness, but she is back to herself today! Here is some new photos of Miss Priss!!!
Marleigh enjoying her Bumbo Seat! (In her favorite shirt!)

Bright eyes during tummy time!


This evening, acting like a little lady!


Snug as a bug, going on our first neighborhood walk! Thank you Lord for such beautiful weather!


Here are some fun and crazy pictures of Marleigh and D! He is such a little ham lately in front of the camera!
A quick, Sissy hug!
A quick, Sissy kiss! (please ignore my hair!!!)
I love this picture of them looking at one another!
Just because she is a cutie!

Before I go, I have to share our new "hot" spot! Davis has earned a timeout zone this past week. It has been SO effective with him! I can't even begin to tell you! Anyway, lately all you have to do is say, "Davis, go to time out!" and he complies. Of course after his two minutes we go over and discuss with him why he is there! I just can't believe how good it has been for him!

Davis assuming the position in the "hot spot"!

Check back tomorrow night as I hope to get Stone Mountain up as well as pics from our day with friends at Perimeter!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Marleigh is so cute and growing every day! It sounds like you have had a great week this week.

Oh and by the way I wish that time out worked for Morgan like that....she loves time-out, as a matter of fact she puts herself there!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you've adjusted to having two very well! Miss you! Let's get together soon, okay?

p.s.-love that bow in Marleigh's hair!

Chris said...

Wow, Marleigh is getting big! Love the pics of the two of them together. Can't believe it's time for you to be back to work already...it seems like you just had her! I'm SO looking forward to my maternity leave!

We haven't started a time out with Lindsay yet. I'm not even sure where a good place is in our house for it. She's close though...those 2's are coming fast.

Amanda said...

Andrea -- isn't that a cute bow! Bethany made it for Marleigh. I am hoping to learn how to make them!

The Partins said...

We had so much fun at the mall!!! It was good seeing the kiddos again. Love the new pis! It's nice to see what she looks like awake, because I've never seen her awake... haha. We will have to go stroll again soon! I think we need to plan a "bloggers stroll" and all try to meet up one day!

Tara said...

i love all of the pictures. Your kids are both so adorable. Hope you had a great time at Stone Mtn and with your friends.