Monday, April 14, 2008

A Rather Peaceful Spring Break!

Well as peaceful as possible with a 2 and half year old and a 2 month old! For the most part, I stayed home with the kids. However, on Wednesday I spent the day with Davis and his cousin's Cooper and Charlie. We went and enjoyed a beautiful day at Stone Mountain. Things sure have changed there since the last time I went! On Thursday, I loaded up the kiddos and met two of my Sorority Sisters, Erin and Lori, at Perimeter Mall we had a fun time strolling, shopping, and checking out the bathrooms! We were frequent bathroomers with 4 kids in tow!

Here are the boys ready to get the day started with the mountain in the background! (From L to R: Charlie, Cooper, and Davis)

We gave the boys some time to run around on the giant lawn! Davis was quickly intrigued with another playdate group that had quite the little spread going on complete with food and TOYS! You could tell they were regulars! Davis helped himself to their hang out and chased their bubbles. He even hid on the mat with the moms! Can we say embarassed! I guess next time I will know to pack some toys!

Here is D and Charlie hugging after lots of chasing!

Charlie and Davis with Bob and Larry! The waiting in line was the "fun" part!

The Monster Trucks! Davis was in awe at their size! I would have to say that I was too!
Davis thoroughly enjoyed the barn play place! Here he is after slide in the hay loft!

We can't forget the Choo-Choo Train! Here is Mommy and Davis!

A cute shot of D on the train!
Here is cute shot of the Houses on the train! (Kristi, Cooper, Rodney, and Charlie)

Davis pooped after a fun day! Here he is trying to fall asleep on the tray of his stroller on the way to the car!


Strolling and Shopping
On Thursday we headed to Perimeter Mall to stroll with our friends! Needless to say our official meeting time ended up being 2 hours later than we had anticipated. I guess this goes to show that when you have kids, you have to be flexible! I was a little nervous getting out with 2 on my own, and driving the double stroller - it is HUGE! So I totally took advantage of Valet parking! I without a doubt recommend it as the help you get the stroller out/put it upunload your bags! It was worth every penny! Needless to say we didn't have lots of photo opts! However, we did meet up in the bathroom! We frequented bathrooms on this trip! But it was nice to go and know someone else could watch/help with your kids! We ended up in another bathroom for diaper changes/feedings and D and Jack were able to get down and run around in a sitting area and play! I believe they distracted Ms, J from eating! As for Marleigh -- well she pretty much slept until she was ready to eat!


Here is Ms. Marleigh all smiles before we headed to meet up with the gang!


My little Comedian!


Jack pushing his stroller!


Ms. Jamie!

4 comments:

The Partins said...

despite Jamie's look of shock, we had a great time!!! :-) I called you, but you are at school... what's up with that? :-) Call me!

Andrea said...

I love how the words "strolling and shopping" are in red, buff, and green! Epsilon Pi baby!

Chris said...

SO cute. I love that outfit Marleigh is wearing! She looks so big now!
Glad you had a good spring break!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had an eventful Spring Break. Lots of fun. I just have to say that Marleigh looks too cute for words in that outfit!!!