Saturday, April 19, 2008

'Twas the Night . . . .

. . . . and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even Ms. Priss! Let me just tell you how proud I am of my baby girl! Friday night was the night! "Moving Ms. Marleigh!" Her daddy had the pleasure of putting her to bed! It was "my" night to put D to bed! We try to rotate so that D gets adequate time and attention from both of us! Well Ms. Priss was asleep before D! If any of you know Davis, he ususally tells us he is ready to go to bed and we change his diaper and rock him for a minute or two and either read a book or a sing a song and then turn on his lullaby CD and turn on his constellation/star turtle! Last night after rocking and talking for a few minutes (oh with Pooh, puppy, horsey, three pibbies (pacifiers) and two blankets in my lap, he simply said, "I get in my bed now!" Such an EASY one to put to bed. We never expected to get another one that would sleep so well! Looks like we might have another keeper on our hands! She went to sleep rocking in her room and feeding at 10:30 -- we had one "Freak" panic at 11:00 when it sounded like something struggling to breathe and I jumped out of the bed and flew upstairs faster than I have EVER moved! To only throw open her door and find out it was birds in the background on her lullaby CD! What??? Are you kidding me! Needless to say I killed the CD! Ms. Marleigh slept through my maniac entrance! LOL! After that, not another peep until she woke up hungry at 5:45. Friday night is Daddy's feeding shift so Tim got up and fed her and was back downstairs by 6:20. It is 8:20 now and she is STILL sleeping! I went in her room when I got up at 7:45 and gave her the pibby because she was squirming, but her eyes were still closed. She is still snoozing away! I started her music again. Being a teacher I know the benefits of classical music, and Davis LOVES having his while going to sleep. So, I am SO happy we started Marleigh out with it the FIRST night! I am sure she is use to it, as she was snug with me and D all those months while we rocked and listened to it every night! So this post is for Marleigh! Mommy loves you and is SO proud of the big girl you are becoming!!! We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You are a WONDERFUL Mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one lucky Mommy girl! I had it pretty easy with Morgan too until a few months ago and now all of a sudden she gets up at least 2 nights a week and comes and gets in the bed with me.