Sunday, April 27, 2008

A ZOOrific Day!

We had a wonderful Saturday! We met Daryl, Lori, and Ms. J at Zoo Atlanta! The weather was perfect, and the kiddos were GREAT! Davis was pretty excited to see all the animals in person. I almost don't think that he knew what to think! We were able to see all of the animals except for the lions. They weren't out for some reason! Tim enjoyed taking the time to tell Davis about his family tree and introducing him to some relatives! LOL! Couldn't resist! The girls were happy, and they both got to experience their first application of sunscreen together! Davis said his two favorite animals were the panda bears and the gorillas. I swear Daryl was with us, but for some reason I have NO pictures of him except for a back of the head shot! I am telling you I can't quite get the "taking picture" thing down when keeping eyes on 2 kids! This is a goal I must work on!
Lori with Jamie and Me with Marleigh!
Our first official "girl shot!"

Pictures of Davis are getting MORE and MORE difficult! He doesn't want to be told to smile for the camera! His approach is "avoidance!" Here is Davis and Tim in front of the Gorillas. As you can tell, Davis would much rather be enjoying the animals!



This is momma panda. The zoo keeper said she was inseminated just 8 weeks ago! So, mommy was being kept isolated from daddy and their baby girl.

I'll let you caption this picture for yourself!


This was quite suprising to me, but the little fella below is playing a matching game on a touch screen. Every time he made a match he is rewarded with a treat. They have a screen set up so you can see how he is doing. Amazing!


I am such a girl -- I am so scared of snakes and Davis LOVES this! Of course, this freaks me out because I just know if he was to see one outside that he would PICK IT UP!!!


I'll end with the elephant, which is actually the first animal we saw. Davis loves elephants and I wish you could have seen his face. He wouldn't hardly say anything. He just stared at him! I know he was completely taken back by his size and stature! Absolutely amazing!

2 comments:

Tara said...

It sounds like you all had a great day at the zoo. We are going in early June for a work picnic. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Your first official girl picture is great!