Thursday, April 17, 2008

Silent Night!!!

Ok, I know I have probably already jinxed myself at work today, so I might as well go ALL out and do it publicly!!! I have to brag to someone! Little Ms. thing finally went to sleep before 11:30 last night! For those of you that don't know, she is a NIGHT/EVENING Owl!!! :) She has always slept well getting up just once to eat, but last night was her first full nights sleep!!! She went to bed at 10:30 -- so we made it to bed an hour early! And she didn't wake until AFTER I left for work! Dad said she got up around 7:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is like 9 hours! Woohoo! I was all excited about the 6-7 that she had been doing! I will take 9 any night! Please pray this will continue and not just be a one night ordeal! Anyone those of you that know me, know that I am a nut for documentary and articles about anything and everything. That comes with the territory of education! So my latest read discussed infant sleep and weight. Basically it discussed how the more sleep an infant gets the less likely they are to be overweight as a kid/adult. I know I was never a good sleeper! (Sorry Mom and Dad!), and I have always struggled with watching my weight. So this made me quite curious. At this stage in the game if this is true, poor Marleigh is going to anorexic as she sleeps ALL the time! She is getting better, but she does nap until almost 2:00 everyday! Of course she is up for feedings and a little play time! The doctor recommends 18 hours of sleep a day at this point and she is pretty close to it! Afternoon-on is "game time!" I'll take the advice that I am hearing and finding for myself! "Let them sleep as much as they will sleep!" and "NEVER wake a sleeping baby!" Tim has been out of town and is currently in route home! I called and woke up his happy little butt this morning to tell him that he was going to have to LEARN how to be more quiet when he gets up and gets ready! However, reality sunk in when my girlfriends from work corrected me by saying, "No, Amanda, you know YOU need to move her to her room, and get her out of your bedroom!" I going to try it this weekend! I LOVE working with women that are experts in ALL areas! They are SO right! Wish us well!

4 comments:

jms said...

Count your blessings!!! Hayden DOES NOT SLEEP AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! He "gets up" every morning at about 7:00 . . . "gets up" means that I don't try to get any more sleep out of him or me. Typically he's up and awake at 5:00am and I just put him in the bed with me so I can cat nap while he sucks his passy. Keep in mind he only sleeps in 2 hour spurts thru the night. So we sleep for 2 hours then we're up for 2 hours then he eats and sleeps 2 and then up 2. Then after he get's up at 7 he does not nap until around 3. Then he's good for at least a 30-45 minute nap in the swing. Then he's wide awake again until we start the 2 hour routine at about 10pm.

I'm so tired!

Tara said...

Oh Evan doesn't sleep at all either. We had a tease at about 6-9 months but that hasn't returned. I wish you all the sleep in the world!

Andrea said...

Congratulations-I hope she keeps it up for you!

The Partins said...

Jamie will sleep from 9:30 PM - 7:30 AM (eats twice during that time though) but will only nap at the MOST 2 hours TOTAL during the day.... Maybe that explains her mid-section... :-) If we could get Jamie to sleep through the night, I would be VERY happy!