Sunday, December 24, 2006

Good Times . . . Good Friends!

So this past Friday and Saturday was the perfect start to a wonderful Christmas! Davis had many special visitors who made "getting over" a sickness much happier!!! Sorry there are no pictures. Let's just say that Mom wasn't exactly sure where the camera was until last night!

On a side note . . . So far today has been Davis' best day in like a week!!! The fever is gone, and the tummy is getting back to normal. Yesterday was the worse as far as the tummy struggles are concerned, but Mommy and Daddy were able to assist in that area this morning. So we think things are on the up and up! (and just in time for Santa Claus, might I add!)

Ok - a review of our weekend! Uncle Daryl and Aunt Lori came into town early Friday evening! They brought D a very stylish outfit, that he just can't wait to wear! It is a pair of khaki corduroy pants with a striped/zipper sweater with a hoodie! Too cute! Thanks Uncle D and Aunt Lori!!! Shortly after their arrival we headed to Jeffrey's Sports Bar for dinner. Then against Mommy's will - the gang decided to partake of the Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier Islands - I mean come on - the Friday night BEFORE Christmas! Are we crazy??? Much to Mommy's suprise it was great! We drove right to the entrance gate! No - we are not kidding! I wasn't too happy though - my belly was aching from all the Tylenol and Motrin I had taken this week to make my fever better!!! I also decided to get a second wind and scream with my belly until 1 in the morning, but Mommy and Daddy took care of me anyway!!! Saturday morning we had breakfast with Uncle D and Aunt Lori - I actually ate my first decent meal and devoured a wheat biscuit and some bacon!!!

At lunch time on Saturday Uncle Matt and Aunt Lindsey came to visit!!! We all at Zaxby's together! It was pretty good, but my little tummy was still in knots from all the medicine. So . . . yes . . . I was a little bit of a grouch-o!!! Uncle Matt and Aunt Lindsey brought me a cute stuffed Santa, (that I have been playing with today!!!) and a wonderful book to add to my library! Today I Feel . . . by Jamie Lee Curtis. Call it coincidence if you may, but TODAY I FEEL much better!!! I got a new prescription called in, and I was able to be relieved of some of the tummy ache! I am also eating normal again!!! Yea!!!

Shortly after Uncle Matt and Aunt Lindsey left, Daddy's cell phone rang! Shannon and his new wife, Courtney were in town from TX, and they wanted to come by and see ME!!! :) Shannon and Courtney have a little bundle of joy on the way who will be here by next Christmas to play!!! I was sleeping when they arrived, but Mommy woke me up. I was beyond Grouch-o at this point! This was the beginning of my bad night with a tummy ache!!! I hope I didn't scare them to death - thinking "What have we done! (with a little one on the way!) Mommy was quick to explain that I wasn't my usual self, and told them that I was a very good and happy baby! We hope you two have a safe trip back to TX, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Last night we went and enjoyed family and some good snackies at my Great Great Aunt Susie's house. I was a pretty good boy, but when I got home I had a rough couple hours with that bad tummy ache!

I am feeling better now, and looking forward to a comfortable Christmas Eve with Mommy, Daddy, MiMi and Pops! We have the camera now, so we will update the blog later. Merry Christmas to all our blogger friends and family! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast, D! I hope you and your family have a very special and Merry Christmas, little guy!! and that santa brings you lots of fun stuff!! lot's of love to ya from Cup of Joe!!

Bethany said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that D has had a few rough days. I hope the worst is behind him and he felt well in time for Santa. Can't wait to see you guys!!! Merry Christmas!!!