Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Eve at Mimi and Pops' House!


On Christmas Eve we headed over to Memaw (aka Mimi) and Pops' House for Christmas Eve dinner and gifts. Davis' tummy was still a little achy, but he ended up beginning to feel much better while we were there if you know what I mean! ;)

We had steak, oregano potatoes, squash and zucchini, and strawberry pretzel salad (my favorite!) for dessert!!! It was quite tasty, and Davis enjoyed helping Pops grill the steaks on the screen porch! Who would have thought it would have been so warm outside on December 24th???


Here is Pops and Mimi's main Christmas tree!!!

Here is Davis and Daddy surrounded by lots of gifts!!!

Here is Davis on his mini four-wheeler for the first time! He loves it!!!

Davis looking at Mommy's prettys!
Mommy and Daddy's new bedding!
(I need your opinion - do you think we should repaint our room blue?)

Here is Pops, Davis, and Mimi in front of the tree at the end of a wonderful night!

Thank you Mimi and Pops! We are all so blessed, and we thank you for everything you gave us. Most of all we are thankful for the times we are able to spend together! We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, my mom makes that strawberry pretzel dessert and it is the bomb! i love that stuff...it's the perfect blend of sweet and salty. looks like a fun time at the grandparents!! love the 4 wheeler! Joe never used his..i have no idea why! if i had one of those at their age i'd be cruisin' all over da ATL!!! :)

Amanda said...

I hear ya girl - I had one when I was about 3 or 4 and I literally rode it until the wheels were worn out!!! Nothing like burning plastic!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember what color your bedroom is now Amanda...but I do think you should re-paint it. Then it will feel like a whole new room-not just a new bedspread!

Amanda said...

It is a kakhi-ish color - but it has more mustard tones than brown tones. I thought about doing a mocha - but with the comforter and our cherry furniture I think it might be too much brown!