Monday, March 17, 2008

Bunnies, Bubbles, Boyfriends, and Burps!

So hopefully this blog will actually post! After spending time on and off for most of the day working on quite a lengthy post, I accidently clicked somewhere I obviously shouldn't have and lost it all! Let's pray that doesn't happen again! I hope I have the energy now that the kiddos are snug in bed (thanks hubby!) to try this once more!!!

BUNNIES

So, Thursday I had the "bright" idea to get the kiddos ready to see the Easter Bunny and meet my hubby at Mall of GA for pictures with the bunny! Little did I know that this bright idea would be a turning point! The turning point that would forever change my thoughts of dear old Peter Cottontail! After taking 2 hours to get the kids ready (Davis in his Easter outfit and Marleigh in "my" first Easter outfit) for their five seconds of fame, I end up turning onto 85N and Marleigh decides to scream blood curdling cries all the way to the mall! We arrive at Mall of GA, Davis barefoot (had to find some new sandals before the pics) and Marleigh overdue for a feeding. We head to Nordstroms where I feed Marleigh and Davis protests waiting on Sissy to finish her feeding. We then proceed to StrideRite to get Davis some new sandals. Davis gets quite upset with Mommy as we passed the dear old rabbit! I told him we would be right back for our picture as soon as we picked out some new shoes! Luckily we quickly found shoes and daddy caught up with us. We proceed back to the "BUNNY!" It was now 7:25 and the Simon Mall website said the bunny would be OPEN until 8:00. Needless to say Old Peter decided to call it a night before 7:25. Davis is wailing as he wants to see the BUNNY!!!! Oh let's add to the equation that he hasn't had dinner! Hubby who has been at a quiet office all day is like -- it's ok we will come back and see the bunny this weekend! That's when Mommy dearest snapped! OH NO WE WON"T!!! I have spent 3 and half hours at this point preparing for the bunny, and we are GOING to see the bunny! I then proceed to haul butt to the van and we drive light mad people to Discover Mills! Luckily the DM bunny follows rules, and serves his time for all the little children! I can GUARANTEE we won't EVER visit Mr. Bunny at MOG EVER again!!! I simply detest bunnies and the fact that they have taken such a religious Holiday and made everyone so distracted as to the true meaning of EASTER!!!

A days hard work! Finally a Bunny Picture for 2008!!!



Marleigh in my first Easter Dress!!! I am so happy my parents saved in and that it fits my baby girl!


BUBBLES

Lately these days Davis seems to have a new passion! The kitchen sink! :) Not necessarily the sink, but the water that comes from the sink. This all started when Davis took on the role of Mommy's big helper, helping Mom to bathe Sissy! Now Davis thinks whenever Sissy is in the tub or anyone is washing dishes that he has the right to pull up the chair and join in the festivities. Typically this behavior would not be allowed, but he was having so much fun last night that Mommy and Daddy gave the all clear and let him go for it! Daddy was washing some bottles in some clean soapy water, and Davis couldn't resist the bubbles! Needless to say he got another bath at 10:00 last night!

Who could ever say NO to a face like this?
BOYFRIENDS

Ms. Marleigh had a suprise visit from her boyfriend, Hayden, today! Hayden lives on a few doors up the street and was born 2 days after Ms. Marleigh. Needless to say that Marleigh slept through his visit, but Mommy and Hayden's mom had some much needed girl time! It sure wasn't a wasted trip! See, Hayden is known to the street as "Mr. Fussy!" though Mommy isn't sure why, because she said he was an angel during his visit today. I got booted from my Papasan swing when Mr. Hayden cried once, and Ms. Jessica fell in love with its effects on Hayden. It made Hayden go from fussy to VERY happy! Ms. Jessica said she had never seen him so content and happy! She then proceeded to make phone calls on a Papasan track down and borrow mission! With no luck they headed home! However, Mr. Hayden just couldn't stay away and returned this evening with Ms. Jessica and Mr. Giff to lull Hayden with the swing. Luckily Ms. Bethany was over (might I add she brought some YUMMY chicken pot pie -- Thanks Bethany!) and generously offered to let the Sizemore's borrow Livi and Zach's swing! They quickly took her up on the offer and followed her home to retrieve it! I bet Mr. Hayden is having happy dreams now!


BURPS

For this heading I have two questions:
1. If you give a baby an ounce of formula, then how is it possible for them to spit-up 3 ounces?

2. When a baby does spit-up how come 90% of the contens land on the Burpee while only 10% land on the Burper?

Mommy made the mistake of trying out the new Gerber Orthodonic bottles with Ms. Marleigh. She tried once last night and once this afternoon. Both produced the same results --- volcanic burps with eruptions of LOTS of formula! The culprit the nipples! The bottles claim to be a LEVEL 2 nipple for newborns! This is SO not true. The milk comes out way to fast for a newborn, much less a 5 week old! Lesson learned! These bottles are going back in the cabinet for another month or two!

Look how cute the little fashion diva herself looks after being cleaned up from today's erupt-a-thon!


My brother usually calls me "Princess," but this afternoon he called me "Zebra!"

However, I know I am the "Princess!"

Birth Announcement

Here's a quick look at Marleigh's birth announcement. I am working on getting them addressed. So, they are on their way, eventually!!! Thank you Andrea at Royal Family for such a cute and darling little outfit!!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I must say Marleigh looks adorable in her birth announcement ; )

Wow to the Easter Bunny at MOG-its never cool to leave your job early-especially one that requires making kids happy!

Too funny but too true about the spit-up ponderings!

Bethany-your chicken pot pie sounds yummy, and you are TOO SWEET to lend your swing to someone you just met!

Anonymous said...

Marleigh looks so adorable in her birth announcement and the bunny picture turned out great after all the drama too!

That Bethie, she's a keeper for sure!!

The Partins said...

You are doing better than us.... to-date, J has not meet Santa or the Easter Bunny... and NO birth announcement... sheesh. WE are thinking about sending a 6 month update since we were such slackers. Can't wait to see you all soon!!!

Stephanie said...

She is just so precious!!! I love the birth announcement... we did not get ours out until Alyssa was 3 months so you are doing better than me!!
I would love to get our kiddos together one day... maybe Lori can make her way over to this side of town too!

Beth said...

Sounds like your outings are going as well as mine. I have learned that it is exhausting just to get them out the door.....lol :)...but the bunny pic is worth the effort.

Love the birth announcement....we will talk soon!!!

Chris said...

Love the birth announcement!! She is precious. The Easter Bunny pic came out great and OMG...what a story! I feel for you girl. If you had time I'd be writing a strong worded letter to the MOG EB. LOL!
Thanks for the big ol' update...good to see everyone is doing so well! Happy Easter!!!