Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh Boy!!!

Ok, today was my first official "vacation day" as Tim calls it. I am more than lucky that it was, because boy do I have a doozie of a head cold! D and I stayed in for most of the day and just enjoyed playing with one another. I totally enjoyed the 3 hour nap! He can be such a good boy! This evening we had a blast with Pops. We went to McDonald's and played and played for ever on the playground/treehouse. D of course flirted with the girls and acted pitiful screaming "help help!" until the would hoist him up the last step before the huge slide! Man why didn't they have HUGE spiral slides when we were little?!? ;) Davis' new favorite lines are "Help Help!" and "I stuck" So you can imagine our embarassment in public. We put D in a cart or go into a store and he screams "help help" at the top of his lungs. Everyone stares at you like you are kidnapping him or something crazy! I think his classic line tonight was while he was stuck up top at the mesh room overlooking the play area -- he screams "pee pee" "potty". Luckily he failied to mention the "pee pee" sound effects which usually follow sounding like fireman's waterhose! :)

I do have last weeks pictures. I promise to try to post them tomorrow! As I was putting D down for the night I kissed him and said "mom is going to be home with you tomorrow - Oh boy!" His last sweet words were "Oh boy!" I am so happy to have the opportunity to have more quality time with him and do what I love -- teaching. I feel like I have the best life anyone could have!

4 comments:

Tara said...

That's so great that you get the extra time with him. I hope your pregnancy is still treating you well.

Bethany said...

Glad to hear everyone's doing so well. I love the story about D screaming help...that is priceless!! Hope the baby is doing well too!!! Can wait to hear how your next appointment goes.

The Partins said...

Cute: Davis screaming "Help, Help" in the store....

Not Cute: Daryl & Tim doing the same thing.

Can't wait to see ya'll next week! (And Daryl & I are totally stoked about D's B-day gift so if you hate it... act like you like it and then return it - we got a receipt just in case - I promise never to ever ask... where's Davis gift we got him???) he-he.

Cecilia said...

We are in the great state of Texas! I started blogging recently because it seems like a great way to keep up with people. Congrats on baby #2!!