Sunday, September 02, 2007

My Little Monkey is Turning 2!

Ok -- so here I go again -- I was finishing this post up and I LOST it! :) Aaargh! (As D would say in Pablo-pirate language! :)
Wow I can't believe that my little angel is a BIG boy! He is the joy of my life and I continue to thank God for blessing me with such an amazing treasure! :) Davis will turn 2 on Tuesday, September the 4th! Where have the past two years gone? I use to think that babies were babies for EVER! Now I know first-hand that is VERY far from the truth! :)
So, on Saturday we celebrated with friends and family Jungle-style! We all monkeyed around and had a BLAST! :) Davis is so blessed to have such an incredible support system! Thank you to all of you that took time out of your hectic schedule to share in this special time with D. He LOVES you all, and we do too!

Drum roll please! May I present to you MY Birthday Boy!!! (Yepped you guessed it -- on a slide!) What can I say -- he is ALL boy!!!


The yum-yum station --- we had GREAT food! Hot Dogs complete with animal crackers, banana crisps, and nutter-butter cookies! We even had a Monkey Cake and Jungle Cupcakes followed by some good ol' vanilla ice cream! The cake turned out GREAT -- I had some issues with the baker - so I am sorry to say that I won't be doing business again!

Close-up of the cake



Close-up of the cupcakes



The Family! (yes my belly is exploding! - it was the cake -- haha!) Oh -- and despite the looks of the picture - I promise we weren't trying to give him a wedgie! Don't you just hate those?


Our BEST friends in the WHOLE world! Or should I say OUR better half! LOL! Thank you so much to Lori and Daryl! We couldn't have pulled off such an excellent par-tay without you guys! We owe ya! :)



Best Friends -- carrying soon-to-be BEST friends!!!


Too cute to not post! Ok so Uncle Daryl and Aunt Lori for this way cute and trendy coat and hat for the D-ster at Baby Gap! D LOVES it! He was all strutin' around last night in his hat and coat with his diaper and sippy at like 10:00 (oh yeah -- he was pumped and WAY of schedule with such an exciting day!) He was in such rare form that we thought it was time to capture his GQ side! I think he looks like Sherlock Holmes -- what are your thoughts? (PS - I swear those are not Tim's boxers again! LOL!)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday Davis! Green is your color Amanda-that shirt looks great on you. So sorry we had to miss it-looks like a real fun time.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the coat on him! haha. We had such a blast! He is such a doll. The happiest little boy I've ever met!

Anonymous said...

You look great Amanda. Happy 2nd Birthday Davis!!! Looks like you had a super fun party!