Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The End of the First Trimester!

The first trimester is coming to a close! The second trimester starts either tomorrow or Thursday! Yesterday I went to the doctor and was able to here our little one's heartbeat by doppler. It took a while to find it, but it sounded good and strong at 162 bpm. The little booger even kicked the fire out of the doppler which suprised both me and doctor at such an early stage! It was quite entertaining! I am hoping to get better about photos -- so here are some pictures of me this morning on my way to work! By my last ultrasound, today would be 12 weeks and 6 days - marking the end of my first trimester! I can surely say that I am happy to see it go away, and I am gladly welcoming the second trimester!




Now let me add that my pictures in no way are going to compare to my best friend's Lori's documentation. First off -- I have a horrible preggo memory to remember to get the photos taken, and #2 these clothes will NEVER make it 40 weeks! Today my shorts were not buttoned or zipped! Thank you Lori for introducting me to my favorite new friend! I totally recommend, otherwise I would be wearing this! I think they are so cool -- I have probably flashed everyone at my school to show them how they work!!! Why didn't I know about this the first go-round!!!

Yea, and that's not a stain on my shirt -- LOL - it's my new shirt from my principal. I got it wet getting ready!!! Good thing I am not working on Monday's -- I don't think this shirt would work for every Monday this school year!!!





The past few days I have felt better as far as the icky/naseauous feelings are concerned. However, I am finding myself to be quite emotional! I feel as though I could cry at any given moment and for no reason at all! I only remember feeling this way at the end of my last pregnancy and right after Davis was born, so I am a little confused and tickled by this strange phenomenon. Anyone else experience anything like this! I think yesterday was the first day that I really noticed it! So I think my doctor felt like I little bit of a looney! He gladly offered a prescription for depression! I of course started bawling when I got to my car, because I was like oh my gosh -- my doctor things I am over the edge! I think a little of this had to do with the fact that my blood pressure was elevated a little yesterday, and it is always perfect! I on the other hand am trying to make light of the situation and laugh about the joys of preggo hood to help me keep my sanity!!! The good news is that the doctor did tell me that it is probably just my hormones and their escalated levels. He also added that I should be at the peak of the hormone surge! So we will pray this gets better!!!


I just had to add this one in! I have been so bad about blogging lately, that I feel that I owe this to my two favorite men, who light up my life everyday in more ways than I could possibly express! I love you guys!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

You get to wear shorts to work? How cool is that? Okay so I am trying hard to figure out where in your house this picture was taken...it is in your hallway upstairs?

Amanda said...

Hey girl! It was a teacher's workday -- so short are good! They are too short for when the kids are there! I can wear athletic warm up like clothes though -- so that ROCKS!!! It is taken in the little area off our living room going into our bedroom downstairs! :) Good guess though!

Anonymous said...

yeah, i know about that depression during preggohood. mine, however, was due to the fact that i am clinically insane and cookoo for cocoa puffs and all. :)

you look the bomb, girl. you work your pregnant self. you're fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

You are looking great Amanda! That Davis is a cutie-pie himself. Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will go much smoother for you! And I am jealous of the short and atlethic clothing that you can wear to work. That is pretty much my whole wardrobe!!!

Bethany said...

Cute pic of your men! They are handsome. I'm so glad you're doing the Preggo pics like Lori. I wish I had done them. As always, you're absolutely beautiful!!!

The Partins said...

Yay for belly pictures!!! Don't you just LOVE The bella bands?!?! I got so much more wear out of my business suits... yes, some of us have to wear suits every day... but I'm not gonna be a hater. :-) ha-ha. You are looking fabulous as always! I'm mad at Tim, he told Daryl about the "meds" and now anytime I say anything, he is like "maybe you should be on depression medicine." I hate men. :-)

Tara said...

I loved my Bella Band. I had a white one and will be getting more colors next pregnancy around. You look great! I hope the hormones get better. That's a great picture of your guys too.

All My Love said...

Amanda... CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you and the family. The second time around is definitely different, and I'm glad your happy about being in your second trimester :) You look FABULOUS!!!!