Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What We've Been Up To!

Sorry I have posted lately! I have take the time to skim everyone's blogs, but I just haven't had the time to comment! Hopefully life will begin to settle down a little by the end of the month!!!

Well due to the storm on March 15th, we have spent our fair share of time dealing with our insurance company, adjusters, appraisers! The good news is that we are getting a brand new roof and money to have the dents taken out of Tim's car from the hail.

On a positive note . . . May 3rd was an exciting day! I graduated with my Ed.S. degree!!! Woohoo!!! This was sure a long time coming completing the program and having a baby along the way! I am not going to miss taking classes, but I am going to totally miss the girl time I had with my 5 Martin buddies! Amy, Heather, Jennifer, Kim, and Kristy -- thank you so much for putting up with me for a year and half! I love you girls! Congratulations! We Got'er done!!! :) (and we all got 4.0's) :)

Me and the Husband! Thank you honey for putting up with me and my negative attitude when I often thought I was in way over my head or didn't think I could continue! You always calmed me and encouraged me even though I didn't tell you!!!


Me with my parents! Wow! Mom and Dad I can't thank you enough! I would have NEVER been able to accomplish this without you! Thank you so much for keeping Davis and Marleigh for me EVERY Monday night for a year and half so that I could go to class!!! Hooray for Mimi and Pops!

This Mother's day was a blessing knowing that I had two precious, beautiful, healthy, and adorable little ones. A girl and a boy! How blessed am I? They truly inspire me and keep me going! I can't even begin to imagine life without them! Our Mother's day ended up being a little crazy -- I can't believe we never got around to taking a picture! We will make up for that -- I am sure of that! We live in camera land here lately!

A glance at Mommy's inspiration to further my education! I pray that I can lead by example and allow my kids to see firsthand the importance of education and striving to accomplish all that you can! What a waste would it be to not to learn and apply in life all that God deems you able!

Marleigh with that contagious and captivating grin!

My two partners in crime having some tummy time!

The comedian of the family!

Showing off those piercing eyes!

We had another suprise on Mother's Day evening! We had went over to spend some time at my parents house, and they received a phone call from one of our neighbors who was trying to track us down. How often do you get the news that I tree has just fallen on your house!!! Oh yeah, I am sure the insurance company LOVES us! At least it happened before the roof got replaced! Needless to say the last two days have been CRAZY with people coming by and working on the tree. The good news to report is that as of this afternoon it is down and covered! Hopefully the adjuster can come and take pictures before the end of the week! I am not too hopeful as I know they are absolutely slammed right now! Oh, and did I mention I hit a rock last week and bust my windshield! What else can happen? As long as we are all safe and healthy, I know we can take it!


5 comments:

The Partins said...

Hey! Congrats on being done with school!!! I LOVE the new pics of the kiddies and I am SOOO glad the tree didn't fall on D's room! Give me a call if you are home any this week.

Anonymous said...

First of Congratulations on school! That is a great accomplishment, you should be proud. Second, Gheesh!!!!! Boy you guys are having some serious bad luck! At least no one was hurt and the damage can be fixed.

Andrea said...

Wow, Praise God this didn't happen to your new roof! And like Lori said its a blessing it didn't hit Davis's or Marleigh's rooms.

Congrats on finishing yet another degree! You certainly have a great support system.

The Partins said...

The Monthly Ladies Dinner is AWESOME! What we do is, the 2nd Tuesday of every month, we meet at one lady's house. At the beginning of the year, we all are assigned a month and you host the event during your month. You send out an email about 2 weeks before your night and see who all is coming. Ours is from 7:00 - 9:30/10:00. The hostess for the month usually has an appetizer (crackers and dip), a bottle of white & red wine, tea, Salad, entree, side, dessert & coffee. For our December one, we also do an ornament exchange - Dirty Santa style.

jms said...

Bless your heart! I had no idea y'all had been tree hit and rock struck! I did know about the hail = ) It happens in 3's, right? Congratulations on your Ed S! That is awesome and I know you all are ready to not have to worry about school for a while . . . teaching or learning = )