Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lots of Firsts..........

Ms. Marleigh is a such a good girl! However, she actually cried on us last night! I am sure many readers won't sympathize for the fact that they have or had fussy babies, but we have always thanked our lucky stars that our two are quite content as babies. Most wouldn't have thought anything of a little crying or screaming -- I mean it would go on for less than a couple of minutes. However, that is out of character for our little one. I figured it was her tummy since she hasn't made Mommy a suprise in a day or two .... if you catch my drift! :) So, I remembered when D was constipated as a little we gave him the Gerber White Grape Juice. So, I sent Tim to the grocery to grab a bottled. Needless to say when he returned she was happy and asleep, but I woke her up to give her some, and she LOVED it. She quickly engulfed her FIRST juice!!! And I got these looks of why don't you always give me this! Well no poo, but a content baby! Maybe the poo will come soon!!!
Tim went to put her to bed and I was going to bathe D. Well she pitched a TOTAL fit in her room. So Tim and I switched stations! She drifted right off to sleep with me after we walked around in her room for a couple of minutes and I sang to her. I took it as a compliment that my voice comforted her....that sure is a first! :) Anyway, another FIRST -- she drifted off to sleep in my arms and I didn't want to wake her to try to swaddle her so I thought, "Why not try her going to bed without being swaddled!" She did it! I put her down a little before 9:00 and she slept until 5:30 unswaddled!!!
She woke up happy at 5:30 -- and Tim got up to feed her so Mommy could rest! She didn't want to go back to sleep, but quickly fell asleep swinging in her swing so that Mommy and Daddy could sleep until Davis woke up at 8:30.

Then one last FIRST! Mommy decided to go for the Oatmeal! I know it is a little early. My doctor told me to try it a week before she turned 4 months, but I couldn't wait any longer! Why do we rush our kids so! Anyway she LOVED it!!! I mixed a scoop and a half with a little milk and she took all but like a couple bites!!! My plan was to give her a little milk and then try the oatmeal because I knew she was hungry. Plus I tried this when D was little and it never worked! He was like why do you wait til I am hungry and put something in my mouth that I don't know what to do with! Give me my milk! Ms. MJ on the other hand could have cared less -- I think she liked the oatmeal more than her milk!!! She was insulted afterwards when I tried to give her a bottle!
First Bite


Not Sure What to Think!


Then a SMILE!


Little Piggy!
She knew just what to do!
Eagerly awaiting a 2nd Bite!


I couldn't resist throwing in this picture! It CRACKS me up! I am thinking of saving it for her Senior Ad .... What do you think!?!
I ended up moving her to her bumbo seat so that I would have to reach so far! I hesitated to upload this video as my table has lately become the collecting ground for everything that needs to be put up! So please ignore the disaster area! This video was mad as she was finishing up so as you will see she is getting full. I just didn't want to NOT include it since it was her first time!


One last FIRST that I must add! You know how D HATES to have his picture made!!! Well since we got the camera out for Sissy, Davis all of sudden wants HIS picture made! He kept doing cute things - saying "Picture of Davis, Picture of Davis!" So I couldn't finish this post without a fair hair shot of my morning joy!

Have a Marvelous Weekend Blogger Buds!

2 comments:

The Partins said...

Those pictures of her eating are ADORABLE!!! I love her little smile in them. SO CUTE! I can't wait to see the kiddos again at the party (and ya'll too of course!) :-) Maybe the kids can play some since we won't have to confine them to a stroller.

Chris said...

Wow...lots to catch up on over here! ADORABLE pics of Miss Marleigh and D! She is having all sorts of firsts. I'm getting excited for my new round of FIRSTS!
Glad you are all doing so well.