Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bring on the Pool Parties!

Tomorrow is Mommy's last day with her kids at school! She is going to miss them, but she is looking forward to summer time and the fact that she is NOT taking classes this summer!!! Can you believe that tomorrow is the kids LAST day and we have already been invited to TWO pool parties tomorrow afternoon/evening!

Sometimes I think that Mommy thinks I am little doll. She enjoys playing dress-up with me! This afternoon when mommy got home from school -- Mom decided it was time to play dress-up! At least this time she had a valid point -- seems that the doctor had led mommy to believe that I was going to be about half the weight I actually was when I arrived! Mommy could feel me though, and she knew I was big enough to make my entrance! Tell the doctor to try carrying me for one week shy of 9 months! Mommy wasn't in agreeance that I was going to be smaller than my brother! I don't know who was more shocked when I came out -- Mommy or the doctor! :) Mommy kept thinking -- bigger=healthier -- the doctor on the other hand was so shocked by my size that at one point he stopped pulling me out to reach over and look at Mom and tell her that I was much bigger than he expected! Mom thinks this why I swallowed so much junk -- The doc. was so taken aback he couldn't focus on getting me out! The doctor was even having the nurses call to see my weight in the nursery even before Dad and I made it there! He was completely stunned at my grand size! 9 lbs. 14 is alot for a girl ya know! Anyway, mom is all freaking out about my summer and fall attire for some reason! I guess my size was not quite prepared for! Anyway, with all these pool parties she had to try on my 3-6 month suits! There isn't really room to spare, but I guess I can make them work! What do you think???


Tankini?

Or Bikini?


Simply Precious!

8 comments:

jms said...

That Bikini is freakin' hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Love them both! Wear one to one party and the other to the next one! They are both too stinkin' cute!!!!!

Andrea said...

I am soo with you on birth size...I bet most mother's can more accurately predict the birth weight than doctors...after all we are the one's carrying the baby around all day! I predict Wesley will be bigger than David was and he will be in the womb three weeks less time!

I have to admit I usually don't like bikini's on baby girls, but Marleigh's is just too darn cute!

Chris said...

I love them both too! That bikini is adorable and I love the color on her! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

The Partins said...

Those are cute! She is adorable! She is starting to favor Davis I think...cute cute cute! I feel ya on the big baby...sheesh!!! :-)

Caron said...

It's funny what you say about the birth size... When Wyatt came out he looked soooo small to me. I just kept saying 'He's a little baby!!! It's a LITTLE baby!! I remember the nurses and my doctor laughing and saying 'I don't think he's as little as you think, but lets weigh him ans see for sure.'

The funniest part was when they weighed him... he weighed the EXACT same as Allie did... both were
9 lbs, 6 oz and both born on the 14th!

I guess he just seemed so small because I was used to looking at Allie.

Oh, and LOVE the bathing suits BTW!!! Girls are so much fun to dress up!! Who can resist?

Tara said...

I love both of those bathing suits. She looks adorable and she has grown so much. Have a good rest of the week.

The Gordon Family said...

I love the bathing suits, it is so fun dressing the girls up!

I was just catching up on your last few posts and I sat here and cried as I read your deep thoughts when you were rocking Marleigh - you are so blessed and I am so happy you see that and enjoy those tender moments, our children are so precious. Thanks for sharing. You have a way with words, your comments to me have left my heart content on many occasions, I often feel we were sitting and chatting. Thanks for sharing your journey as well as sharing in mine. Katie