Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Raising "2" Kids!

Wow! I'm sorry that I have posted in a while! You would think I would be more apt to post from home vs. posting from the hospital! The catch is: when I came home I had a 2 and 1/2 year old to keep up with as well!!!


Things are going well! Ms. Marleigh is a very good girl! Davis has adjusted very well. I was VERY worried about this since he seemed to think that Mommy was carrying a "shark" in her belly! :) He started out by totally ignoring her, but has since warmed up to her tremendously! He is too cute -- he tries to comfort her when she cries and he likes to bring her toys and pile them on her when she is in her bouncy seat! When it's time to change Marleigh's diaper, Davis pulls his rocking chair over to the side of the changing table so that he can "help" and "comfort" her.


Marleigh has done well at night -- we usually get up 1-2 times to feed her depending on when her feedings fall. Last night was an exception -- she just wanted to Mommy to hold her! I am wondering if the great "baby honeymoon" is about to be over! I remember that all to well with D! At a week or two of age he went from sleeping at night to sleeping in the day and staying wide awake at night! Let's pray we are not returning that forbidden land!


The past week was a blur -- Marleigh had 3 doctor's appts. to check weight and billirubin levels since she became slightly jaundiced. Good news though -- At Friday's appt. her Billirubin level was down and her weight had started going back up. She had gotten down to 8 lbs. 11.8 ounces on Wed. and on Fri. was back up to 8 lbs. 15 ounces. You can only imagine how much this big girl is eating! CRAZY! She can put 4 ounces away easily at a feeding! :) We go back tomorrow afternoon for her 2 week checkup -- stay posted for an update tomorrow! (Hopefully!)
Here are some pictures to enjoy of our angels!!!


Mommy and her Sweet Baby Girl in the Hospital! Ignore my "I'm freakin' drugged" look in this shot! This C-Section def. took its toil on me for a while!

Our first picture of our "cuddle bugs" together at home and ready for bed!


Baby Girl on her way home from the Hospital! She sure took up more room in the carseat than her brother did on his ride home!

Showing off my big bright eyes!


Hanging out with the Best Brother Ever!!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Marleigh is beautiful!!!!! Congrats on a precious, healthy baby girl!!
I love the pictures of the two together... what a great big brother!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, they are too sweet together! And I know that I said it before but I just love Marleigh's hair!!!! I remember having two. It was definitely alot different than 1!

The Partins said...

I love the new pics with her and Davis! I can't wait to see her again (babies change SO quickly... you don't realize just how fast until you have your own!) Jamie can't wait to get to play with her best friend again! How cool that they will have known each other since Marleigh was 2 days old! I could kick myself for not getting a picture of the 2 of them that day. :-(

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! You are so lucky! She looks fantastic! I am so excited for you.I hope all is going well. I'm sorry I can't check your blog at school! I can't wait to see her in person!

Chris said...

Congrats again! Glad you're home and all is well. I'm looking to you for the 411 on this "2" kid thing...LOL!
Love the pics of Davis and Marleigh together! SO SWEET! She's just beautiful!

Tara said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. I love the last pic of Marleigh and Davis together. So cute!

Andrea said...

I just love the pics of the two of them together!