Sunday, November 04, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Happy Fall 'Yall!!!


Ok -- so I have SO much to post and so little time! You know I really thought Part-time work would allow me to stay caught up! I guess I am learning that that's not the case! :) I am going to attemp to recap our October! Bear with me as it might get LONG! On a side note, Marleigh is growing like crazy or at least I am! She is making it difficult for me to sleep at night because she is VERY ACTIVE at night! I don't ever remember D really keeping me up! Things are progressing fine, and my glucose test came back perfect! The only stumble has been my iron level which is low. I had low iron in college as well, so I guess it is to be expected! Besides the nasty "big" pills, things are great!


Our month started out bittersweet - on the morning of October 2nd we were able to go the doctor and see our little Marleigh! Our doctor/ultrasound tech confirmed once again that we were having a little girl! However, during our appointment Tim's brother got a call from his doctor asking him to head to the hospital -- to make a LONG story short, Troy's cancer has come back, and it is/was more aggressive than ever expected. Troy was in the hosptial from Oct. 2nd and was finely released on Nov. 2nd after a very "rough" and "overwhelming" stay! We are excited he is home, but we have not been able to see him due to the fact that he has lately developed "Shingles," which neither Davis nor myself and Marleigh need to be around right now! We are hoping to see him within the next week or two!



This is Davis with Carlton the Cat! Carlton is Uncle Troy's middle name! Since Davis hasn't been able to be around or see Troy much we thought it would be nice if we could get him a stuffed animal named after his uncle! Thanks to Ashely and Baby Copeland who gave Davis a gift card to build-a-bear for D's birthday! We were able to use that to allow Davis to make Carlton the Cat! We took some pics and framed one for Uncle Troy to keep in his hospital room!

Here is Davis at Uncle Shuck's! We went with our neighborhood gang earlier this month! This year he actually enjoyed the pumpkins! For those of you that follow -- last year he cried everytime he was left with one! LOL! I guess he is just "growing up!"

Here is Davis with his friends Jack, Hunter, and Ally. Drew and Eva Claire were missing in action. Davis' expression cracks me up in this picture. I guess that was do to the fact that the sun was glaring on him! I am just excited that he is actually paying attention! He HATES letting Mommy take his picture! He is TOO cool for that! :)



The kiddos had a blast -- we played with and looke at pumpkins for a while, then the kiddos went through the kiddie corn maze, next we all went on the hayride -- that was a lot of fun! We finished up with the trip with everyone going through one of the big mazes, which we (the adults) totally screwed up LOL! even with a map! So once we made it back to the "entrance" we decided to throw in the towel!


Here is Mommy, Daddy, and Davis (oh baby Marleigh is along for the journey, too!) on the hayride!



Another October happening, Tim's cousin Chandler married Grace this month! They got married in Athens and had their reception at the Georgia Center. Everything was perfect -- oh except for the part that the preacher forgot to tell them they could kiss! :) So, the classic line of the evening was Grace saying, "Can I kiss him?" :) Too cute!



As for the wedding, Davis was pretty good! We sat with him in the back, and he was able to stay for most of the wedding. Everytime one of the femal attendants entered, Davis would point to them and say "WOW -- PRETTY!" It was quite precious if I do say so myself! Davis LOVED the reception because there was a DJ, dancing, and a dance floor where he could get his grove on! The cutest event of the evening was when I was sitting by the dance floor taking pictures and Davis comes running past me. I jumped up to see where he was going and by the time I got my pregnant self up in heels, he had went to a table back by the buffet grabbed the hands of two young ladies who were eating and began pulling them to the dance floor with him. They thought he was so cute that one of them actually got out there and danced with him.




Davis with one of his mystery dates! What can I say - he's a ladies man!

Here is one of my favorite pics of the evening - Daddy and Davis! Oh, Davis wore part of his birthday outfit from The Royal Family! It looks SO cute on him! We wore khaki's instead of the jeans to the wedding! :)


We went to many Fall festivals this year. We visitied Turning and Burning in Gillsville, Mule Camp in Gainesville, Martin Elementary's Fall Festival, Oakwood Elementary's Fall Festival, and our church's HallowHim Festival! Davis had a blast at all of them. Here is a quick recap of a few.
Pops took Davis into the little petting zoo set up at Mule Camp. Davis kept returning to this big gobbler! I think it was his favorite -- he just couldn't quite figure it out!


Davis' favorite attraction at Martin's festival (Mommy's school) was this firetruck! I was so excited since we are doing his big boy room in fire trucks! (oh and guess what -- the same petting was there, so D got to visit Mr. Gobbler and his friends again!)


Here's our little tiger taking a breather from jumping heaven at our Church's annual HallowHim Festival! You would never know that he's had a little bit of a cold. He was ALL OVER this thing! (and more than once at that!)
Ok, now for the biggest mistake of the month! Don't EVER, EVER, EVER go to Burt's Pumpkin Farm 2 Sunday's before Halloween! It was beyond MASS chaos! After the haul we were hoping to enjoy some time looking at pumpkins, trying their treats, and riding the hayride. NOT!!! It was over an hour wait to get tickets to get on the hayride! We had a good time though! We went up after church on Sunday with my Mom's side of the family. Cousin Conley and Aunt Sabrina had a birthday party to go to, but Davis enjoyed hanging out with his cousin Kristen!

Davis LOVED the gigantic pumpkins, and I think Daddy did too! I had to put my foot down about not bringing home a $100 pumpkin! How ridiculous is that! NO WAY! Davis liked to go around acting like they were all big drums! He did stope once and found a leaf that captivated his attention while he would hold it up and let it fall to the ground!

We discovered that if you hold D upside down, then he can't but to smile at the camera! Hey, you mom's out there know -- you do what works!


Trick or Treating in the Neighborhood!

Daddy came back from Louisanna right before all the fun began, so Davis was happy to see him! Due to our procastinative tendencies, we had to carve the pumpkin! Davis wasn't too into that -- so he mainly watched. At first it sort of freaked him out, but I was able to get a quick picture once he started getting excited about his pumpkin! On a side note, Mimi got D a Mr. Potato Head Ninja Pumpkin kit. When we stayed at the first of the week, D, Mimi, and Pops put the Ninja together -- it was SO cool. I didn't have my camera with me though -- Hopefully Pops will send us a picture. Maybe next year we can add a new Mr. Potato Head pumpkin!

Here is D out front wit his pumpking before the "treating" began!
D and Hunter in the wagon on the way to meet Jack and Eva Claire!

Here's our Trick or Treating crew! They were just too cute! I guess this is an ok picture considering their ages! :) Here is Hunter, Davis, Jack, and Miss Eva Claire in th e center! Too cute!

Davis was exhausted by the time we headed back! He just sort of got cozy in his wagon and was saying "pibby!" No pibby here baby D! Wait til we get home and ready for bed! We came home and got to see Pops and Mimi for a few! Cousin Kristy called and asked to head over to Tim's great aunt's house to visit for great Memaw for a few and the twins! He fell asleep on the way, but he was pretty good while we were there! We finally got home a little after 9:00! :) What a Halloween! :)


Last but not least! Here is a picture of Tim's grandmother with great grandson's Charlie, Davis, and Cooper.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, girl! that might have been one of the longest posts in blog history! hehe. I enjoyed that! Great pictures!

Glad baby girl is doing well. It won't be long now!

Your bro-in-law Troy will be in my prayers. i am so sorry about the cancer returning. I wish him and his family many blessings. I will keep him in my daily prayers. :)

I also wish you a great rest of your pregnancy!

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

Wow! That was a busy month! I'm sorry I couldn't get by your house for the girls night. Mom and Elizabeth's flight was delayed. I hope that Troy is doing better. Hope that your Nov. is as much fun as October. Great to hear that Marleigh is very active. Hope to see you for Beth's birthday.

Melanie said...

Wow! That was a great update. I love all the pics but the very first one is the cutest thing ever! Glad to hear that Marleigh (love the name!) is doing good and is so active.

The Partins said...

Well it's about time!!! :-) Marleigh sounds like Jamie... always up and bee bopping at all hours of the night, keeping mommy wide awake. :-) Jamie's kicking me good right now, so I think she is wanting me to tell you to tell Marleigh "hi" and Davis "Heeeey" (she is such a flirt!) he-he. Can't wait to see ya'll again!!!

Andrea said...

The shirt/vest look great on Davis (and I agree jeans are no good for a wedding ; )

Andrea said...

okay so for a new blog name how about just adding you baby girl's name?

"All About D and Marleigh"...it kinda rhymes ; )

Amanda said...

I like it Andrea! That just might be it! :)

Chris said...

Hey,

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Just saw your post on the Santa pics. I'm adding you to my links now since I'm usually checking things out over here via the Partin's. Have a great week!