Friday, December 21, 2007

Where does all my time go?

Marleigh Update!!!


Wow! I am behind again! What else is new? I can't even imagine what lifes going to be like in just a few short weeks! It doesn't seem like I should already be working on 33 weeks!!! Here is a few quick updates about what has been going on the past month or so with Marleigh! Check back in the next day or so as I will have an All about D post!!!

Tim had to travel the first 3 weeks this month, so last Sat. we decided to go as a family and get another quick peek at our soon to arrive new addition! We did find out that Marleigh is breached, but that could still change. She has 8 more weeks! Here is Marleigh waving and flashing a quick smile to all of you!!! I was very torn at whether or not to go back again to Baby's First Images, but I knew if I didn't that I would have wished I would've, and I am SO glad we did! The pictures and our dvd are AWESOME!!! It was worth every single penny and then some!



The above "video" is not really a video -- it is just a progression of shots of Marleigh -- but I still thought it was sort of neat. As you can tell by pictures and videos she LOVES her hands near her face! We even watched her open and close her eyes a few times and she even at the end began sticking her tongue out at us. That was pretty funny!

Here she is acting silly and sticking her tongue out at us!



The last few weeks have been VERY busy!!! Marleigh has been blessed with 3 wonderful showers!!! My best friend Lindsey gave us a shower here at the house for my close friends, Tim's cousins gave us a shower at his mother's house for both sides of our family, and my incredible school gave us a shower! I am really liking all this "pink" stuff! I have already begun washing her things, but let's not talk about the nursery! LOL! Tim is off work the next two weeks so the plan is as follows: finish putting the wood floors down in the new office in the basement, put in 2 doors, and the moulding. Move the office downstairs. Paint the old office and get Davis moved in his new "fire truck" room. Paint Marleigh's nursery and get it ready! Luckily I will have some help! In January one of my neighbors is going to take care of the decorating of Marleigh's room. She is going to help accent in D's room, but she has already got a great design for Marleigh's nursery. I am so happy that she is helping me out, and I am sure it will look GREAT!!!



My "Friend" shower was perfect! It was so great to spend time with my closest girl friends and their kiddos! I had to add this picture of Davis taking care of and standing guard over his future wife, Ms. Jamie Partin!The food all looked great and TASTED great! Lindsey went with a dessert theme, and I don't think anyone at all had any objections!!
Some of us made these cute as all get outs -- bubble gum babies!!! I am so going to do this at the next shower I throw!!! Of course my Mother In Law added the blanket for brownie points, so Lori deemed her the winner!



We had to do the all time embarassing: How Big is Mommy Game! My neighbor and good friend Heather took the prize for this game! It was quite close between my mother and Heather. Here is mom giving her ribbon one last fit!

I dont' have that many pictures right now of my family shower. My camera battery died, so did my mother in laws and my brother in laws, so I am hoping that I can get more to post real soon!!! The food was scrumptuous and the cake was absolutely adorable!!!


My work shower was a lot of fun -- It was a joint shower with me and another fellow teacher, also named Amanda, and also having her second, a baby girl!

Me and my "roommate" aka Job Share Partner, Sandee! I don't think I looked too bad considering I had spent all day with Kindergartners! I LOVE my job!




The cute table my creative K-buddies set up for our goodies!
Yummo - great food and a beautiful cake!


My buddies making fun of me and my disappearing body!
All in all things are going well! I have been very sick this month with it coming/going. I have been to the doctor 4 times and was admitted to the hospital this past Monday. This cold is putting strain on my heart and lungs - causing my heart to race at a resting rate and my O2 satuaration levels to be low. Luckily Marleigh seems to be uneffected! The new meds are helping, and I haven's used the inhaler. I go back to the doc. on Friday after Christmas, and we are hoping for all to still be well! The doctor has not made his final call on whether or not we are looking at another C-section or a VBAC. I have quite mixed emotions and Tim is 100% for another C since all went so incredibly smoothly last time. My doctor is going to do at least one more ultrasound at either 35 or 36 weeks to do measurements, etc. If she stays breached, then we will totally go for the C! :) Keep us in your prayers as we have a lot to accomplish in the next few weeks, and I am already feeling the strain of being miserable. All I can say is that carrying a girl has been MUCH harder for me!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I totally saw her open her eyes on the video! How cool is that? We still need to get together so I can give you some more pink stuff ; )

The Partins said...

I LOVED the pictures of Marleigh!!! I just realized I forgot to tell you that after I saw them. It was late, and I was nursing when I looked at them, what can I say. I LOVE the pic of D & J... please send me a copy! Hope to see you next week.

Bethany said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. You've been in our prayers. I can't wait to meet Ms. Marliegh! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!!

Chris said...

Hi! So sorry you've been so sick this time around. It's hard to be pregnant in the cold flu season. I was fortunate enough to be in the first trimester both times but I've been suffering too. I can't imagine being 33 weeks and being sick like this! SO glad you are doing better and Marleigh is just fine too. That's got to be hard trying to decide about the VBAC. My doc doesn't even offer it as an option. I'm having another C. I wonder if it's because I'm over 35? I still feel a little sad that I didn't have a vaginal birth but my first C was a DREAM and I have a friend that has had both and she says C is the way to go for sure! No matter how they get here you're still a mommy! We put too much pressure on ourselves about stuff like that. In 30 years no one will ask you HOW you gave birth. Go for what is comfortable to you when the time comes. YOU look FABULOUS by the way!!! Enjoy your last few weeks of this pregnancy!!

Chris said...

Thanks for your comment. WE have an appt with the ENT January 7 so we'll see how all that develops. That's awesome that Davis has gone so long without an infection!! Hope he is over this one quickly!!

Beth said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now. I had the same crisis about three weeks ago. I had a massive sinus infection and ear infection that kept my up for five nights straight....after two rounds of a strong antibotics they finally got me well. In the same boat with the nursery....Ahhhh....it is still filled with old stuff from Scott's apartment. Thank god for my Mom....she is coming for the next two weeks to get it done... :)..... I don't think it is going to be long now...I know I'm not making it to the 15th. The race is on...Who do you think will win me or you....lol :)...love you and we will talk soon!!!!