Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Growing like Weeds!

Ok, so I haven't just posted an update in forever. So here is a little peek into our life with a 3 year old and a 7 month old! I've also added a fews pics from recent outings!

Good-bye diapers and good-bye pull-ups! Bring on the big boy pants!!! Davis is officially in big boy underwear! He only gets a pull-up for naps and night-time. Since I decided to put the pull-ups away he has done SO well! In fact no accidents at all despite nap/night-time. I should have gotten the balls to do this alot sooner!
I am not sure who this kid is . . . . Oh wait . . . It's my son acting like his daddy! This was take a week or two ago when D thought it would be funny to put a pull-up on his head after going potty! Hey I put it on mom all by myself!

I have two very strong-willed kids at times! Davis is quite difficult if he gets too tired. So at those times (like after Playball on Tuesdays) you have to pick your battles. The newest battle has become napping in the floor or his bed. Hey, if he wants to sleep in the floor on his star rug, next to his new infamous GeoTrax, then by all means go for it! :)


Marleigh has started taking nice long naps in her bed during the day. In fact the past two days -- she has taken 2 - 2 hour naps in her bed! This picture was from Tues. a week ago when she actually went to sleep all by herself! Woohoo! :) (This was taken while D was sleeping in his floor - see picture above!) Mommy wasn't sure what to do with two little ones sleeping so soundly, so she had to capture the moments!


Last Wednesday, we took a road trip to visit Andrea and David. I got to meet Baby Wesley, and Andrea got to meet Ms. Marleigh in person! Poor little Wesley gave us both a scare, and I am so happy that he is feeling/feeding much better. See my Royal Family link to the right. The kids were quite busy, so I as usual was horrible about getting pics. I did snap a few of the boys outside as we were leaving!
Marleigh before we left!

David and Davis playing chase in the yard!


Adorable little Wesley!

Ms. Marleigh is a mess! She is getting into anything and everything. She is as close to crawling as you can get without actually doing it! She is a good scooter! :) She will get on all fours and then belly-flops! She can go from sitting to both legs before tumbling on over. She pulls up on EVERYTHING! I think she might walk before she crawls. She is beginning to cruise around things and every now and then can let go and stand for a second or two. She is waving bye-bye and tries to say bye-bye. She is starting to clap, and loves for people to clap for her! She loves her walker, but she is much more mischevious than Davis. She is already opening all the drawers and cabinets as she scoots by. I know we are in TROUBLE with this little Princess in the house!!!


Mommy and Marleigh getting ready for fireworks in Clermont on Saturday!
Daddy and Davis awaiting fireworks! Davis was not so happy as time drew nigh!

His little ears are still very sensitive after the tubes, and I have a feeling this isn't going to get better anytime soon. We finally got him to watch from inside my aunts room. He did well until the finale and it got very loud so he said he was going to hide until it ended, and he did -- under her bedskirt! :)

Marleigh's Baby Dedication is coming up soon! We are trying very hard to get a good pic of her in her attire, but she doesn't perform well on demand! This money shot is going to priceless -- if we ever get it!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Whoa! Look at Wesley's crazy hair in that picture! I guess he didn't want to be outdone by his brother who had to have his first hair cut when he was only 3 months old!

jms said...

Congratulations Mr Big Boy Davis!!

We need to get together more often with Marleigh and Hayden! We have no excuse!!

Chris said...

Congrats to D on the potty training business...that's phenominal! I adore that last pic of Marleigh too!

SAHW said...

Your kids are super cute! Congrats to Davis for graduating to big boy underwear. :)

Thanks for your reassurance at my blog...I really appreciate it, and honestly, that does relieve my mind, that there could be some other reason for this pain. I actually am feeling a lot better after posting...but I too am praying hard for all to stay well. :)