Saturday, July 05, 2008

Our Mar-Star!

Ok, so I must admit -- we began calling Davis --- D from the start. Marleigh was Mar Bear for ever and I still call her that, but the past few weeks I have been calling her and refering to her as my Mar-Star! And that she truly is! She is quite the little Star of the household! In fact, here lately her stardom has sortof taken its toil on the rest of the household!

"What? I know she is not talking about ME!"

Oh, but I am my little Princess! :) Ms. MarStar has become quite the little spoiled Princess. She is your typical little girl! She wants CONSTANT attention and interaction and nothingless. If you take your eyes off of her for even a second she DEMANDS you back in line! :) Our perfect little princess has always went to bed like a light switch. Here lately (the past 5 or 6 nights), bedtime has become her "showtime." In fact she will sleep like a little lamb as long as mommy is holding her in her arms. The second mommy begins to lay her down - her eyes POP open huge and she won't have it! :) Just to explain -- this cycle has easily continued for 4 and 5 hours at at time. Turning her 7:00 bedtime easily into midnight. And oh - I am NOT exaggerating! Since Mommy has removed her wedge and blanket. She is now sleeping flat in her bed in Halo Sack. Last night was the best in a week. Mommy got her to sleep quite quickly until Daddy and D caused a stir and woke her up. Needless to say Mommy was not happy with Daddy and told him he had the priveledge of dealing with the Princess. Luckily she went back easily and slept until 8:40 this morning! Over 12 hours! So we are getting there! Mommy is convinced that MarStar is starting to exhibit the early stages of Separation Anxiety. This week it has been quite intense. She is young to exhibit the intial signs, so we might be in for a quite a time the next few months! Please pray for us all! :)

Mommy explains, "She better be glad she is so darn Cute!"

Marleigh has become quite the little fashion diva with her hairbows here lately! I know, you either LOVE big bows on babies or you HATE them! I am a HUGE fan myself! I am also very proud of myself for making them! In fact, I have already had a number of people asking me to make some for their little girls and friends. I guess I am going in the bow making business! At least it is fun, and I enjoy it! And I am saving a ton for not ordering them online as I had been doing! :)

Well we hope you all had a GREAT 4th! We sure did! Our money shot days are SHOT. We cannot seem to get a good pic of the kids together. One day we will look back and Love these. I just know it! Marleigh is always ready for the camera, and she just can't seem to understand why Davis HATES to pose for pictures!

5 comments:

The Partins said...

They are so cute! Davis craxks me up. And yes... now is the time the "diva" comes out. Gotta love girls!

Melanie said...

She does appear to be quite the princess already! I swear girls are harder than boys...the drama! But they are so cute with their frills that you can't help but laugh at them.

I laugh every time I see that you have tried to get a pic of D. That boy really hates pictures. He is still a cutie!

jms said...

Is Davis kissing her head or being eaten by her massive hair bow? = ) I'm just kidding. . . I actually love the bows on little girls and you have quite a talent! If Hayden turns homosexual I'll let you make him some = )

Andrea said...

I love that last pic of you and Marleigh!

Thanks so much for the emboridered blanket you sent for Wesley-I LOVE it!

Chris said...

Oh my goodness...she's grown so!!! Love her in her patriotic ribbons! I may have to talk to you..I'm in need of some new colors for Lindsay and I love the BIG BOW look and I never did it on Linds...so what are you charging?? Email me.
Mar-Star is an adorable nick name and she and her bro are looking very much alike these days!