Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Count Down to D-Day or in our case C-Day!

One week from today we will be welcoming Little Miss Marleigh into the world! It feels like only yesterday, we found out she was on the way! Wow! This pregnancy has flown by even though we've had our fair share of health concerns on both of our parts! Now we are just so excited to finally get to meet this little one that has already caused so much joy and excitement!

Tonight we pretty much finished up her room, so that makes it even more real! We have a few finishing touches left to add, but many family and friends have been dying to see the progress, so here it is!!! I think all we have left is: getting the new cushions for the glider (We bought some upholstery fabric, and my uncle is making us new cushions to match the nursery.) and getting the canvases. (Our decorator is working on two canvases to go on each side of the window -- one has a tiara and the other will have a crown I believe -- she is using scripture on them refering to God's princess.) We have been so blessed. I have been tutoring a sweet little girl in my neighborhood and her mother is into interior design. She has done many nurseries, and she pretty much did everything you see in Marleigh's nursery! I did pick out the bedding and the paint colors. Believe it or not Tim and I hung the letters abover her bed, and I painted and decorated her initials over the changing table. I give Alicia all the credit for everything else!!! She is great about using what you already have which really saved us a bundle! The lamp you see was the lamp from D's nursery that she did in ribbon. The curtains were from D's nursery and she fancied them up too! She even made the yellow blanket/tablecloth on the little round table!

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on how everything is looking or even suggestions! We sort of went for a whimsical/shabby chic approach. We are still debating on changing out the fan for a chandelier. We haven't seen just what we are picturing yet at a price we are willing to pay that is!!!











12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Love it, love it, love it!!! I am soo jealous!!! Marleigh is going to have the most beautiful room ever!!!

Caitlin said...

It’s gorgeous! You did a great job with the contrasting colors. Are you having a C-section again or a vbac?

Kimi said...

I LOVE IT! This is quite possibly the CUTEST nursery I have ever seen!! Great job!

The Partins said...

I love it! it is perfect! I can't belive how different the room looks. Can't wait for there to be a beautiful baby girl in there. See you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

The room really is precious, Amanda. She'll love it! I love that the colors extend to the ceiling too - great job!

A Diary from Household 6 said...

LOVE the room and it gives me great ideas! Check out ikea for chandeliers I think they may have some and its a great idea.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20089464

Chris said...

WOW, her room is adorable. Inspiring. I'm trying to work up ideas in my head for Lindsay's big girl room! A friend of mine scored floor model chandeliers from home depot for next to nothing. You may want to go see what they have in stock and what's being discontinued etc and start watching it. She got a 250$ one for like 25$ and she just had to replace one or two crystals and clean it up a bit. It looks GORGEOUS! Good luck next week! Enjoy the last few days and try to pamper yourself a bit!!!

Tara said...

I can't wait to see pics of Marleigh. Her room is beautiful. I really love the curtains

Beth said...

It is too cute....Marleigh will love it....

Emma is here!!! Suprised us on Thursday the 31st. Let's just say mommy almost didn't get her epidural and she almost greeted us in the Saturn. She is beautiful and a dream to have home. It was an adventure to say the least. Will tell you more later...I will post pictures soon....she looks so cute in her 'Emma' blanket :).......

Good Luck next week...Scott and I will be thinking about you guys.......

Caron said...

WOW!! That is just beautiful! I just love creative nurseries! She will love the colors I'm sure!! I'll say a prayer for you on Wednesday!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Andrea said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you and waiting by the phone ; )